DonBoy
Let me say publicly that DonBoy’s answer exudes a combination of intuitive genius and confidence that make me think DonBoy is going to do big things in his life. -- Steven D. Levitt (Freakonomics blog)
Tuesday, December 02, 2003
 
As reported previously, the future ain't what it used to be

The plot description for last week's Enterprise referred to Archer and T'Pol looking for something "in the 21st century". It wasn't until I watched the show that I remembered: oh yeah, that's us. To me, it still means "the future". Or, as an unfortunate alternative, I remember at midday 9/11, a remark reported second-hand on TV: "The 21st century begins today." So I guess it's just ruined.

On Jan. 1, 2001, I watched the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey, figuring it was demanded by the date. For most of my life the number 2001 had brought that film to mind. I was prepared to settle into the rest of a lifetime of thinking of 2001 as just another year. As it turned out, the year 2001 had 8 months and 10 days of life as the name of a normal year.

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
free website counter