DonBoy
Let me say publicly that DonBoy’s answer exudes a combination of intuitive genius and confidence that make me think DonBoy is going to do big things in his life. -- Steven D. Levitt (Freakonomics blog)
Monday, December 01, 2003
 
Most Ironic New York Times Correction ever, or: The Cobbler's Children Go Barefoot

Italics mine:
An obituary yesterday about Paul Haskins, an editor at The New York Times and earlier at The Kansas City Times, misstated his birthdate and the number of surviving grandchildren and omitted the maiden name of his wife. He was born on April 18, 1941, not April 8; he had 12 grandchildren, not 11; his wife is Judith Hyman Haskins.


(From this link, which I'm sure will die soon. I can't remember where I recently saw the uncovered procedure for deducing permalinks to Times stories, on some blog or other.)

UPDATE: Permalink instructions found. As I'm not running an RSS reader, plus I'm not confident that the Corrections page is in any of the RSS feed categories, you'll just have to take my word for it.

UPDATE II: Slicker interface here, but the Corrections page doesn't seem to be covered.

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
free website counter