DonBoy
Let me say publicly that DonBoy’s answer exudes a combination of intuitive genius and confidence that make me think DonBoy is going to do big things in his life. -- Steven D. Levitt (Freakonomics blog)
Friday, May 21, 2004
 
Monsters on the Loose

Since the previous plug, the Legacy Horror set has come and has been examined. Much to my amazement -- since Amazon's page said nothing about this -- the 3-pack is packaged with this:



On the downside, one of 6 discs was damaged, and Amazon can only handle that by exchanging the whole set. Fortunately, they cross-ship, so with luck I should be able to assemble a complete working set and send back the rest. The Amazon page is filled with such quality complaints, by the way, which started rolling in after I had placed my order. I'm hoping that the next set I get might be from a different run -- and after all, I just need one of the 6 discs replaced.

Each of the 3 sets contains 2 DVDs, of which one is the main movie, double-layer, and the other a double-sided disc, each side being a double-layer disc itself. That means -- not that I would consider such a thing -- it would take 18 single-layer DVDRs to back it all up. Each of the 3 main movies has a full-length commentary track. I don't see the compression artifacts that some complained about on the Amazon page (but I'm no golden-eyes); as to print quality, it seems to vary from shot to shot. I notice a pattern of damaged outdoor (stock?) footage followed by clean studio shots.

Amazon's price has, I think, varied in the last couple of weeks, but I'm seeing it at $55.99 again right now.

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
free website counter