DonBoy
Let me say publicly that DonBoy’s answer exudes a combination of intuitive genius and confidence that make me think DonBoy is going to do big things in his life. -- Steven D. Levitt (Freakonomics blog)
Tuesday, January 11, 2005
 
You Think Playing Video Games is Pathetic?

There's playing video games (pathetic). There's making video games into an impossible challenge, by trying to see how fast you can finish one in one continuous, near-perfect burst of twitchiness (macho pathetic). There's recording the feat of completing Super Mario 64 -- a game that I spent most of one unemployed summer working my way through -- in three hours (impressive). There's putting that video on the web. There's downloading that video, and then there's watching a video of some stranger playing Super Mario 64. For three hours.

At this last point, I think we've really arrived at pathetic.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
free website counter