DonBoy
Let me say publicly that DonBoy’s answer exudes a combination of intuitive genius and confidence that make me think DonBoy is going to do big things in his life. -- Steven D. Levitt (Freakonomics blog)
Monday, May 23, 2005
 
E*TRADE Is Run By Morons

E*TRADE has "automatically upgraded" my account. (Yes, I have an E*TRADE account, because this is 1999 and we're all going to get rich day trading.) Apparently as a result of this, they've sent me a credit card -- or maybe a debit card -- in the normal US mail, completely unsolicited. They must not have read the 5 billion news stories in the past several years about how this is a perfect opportunity for identity theft, because the card could get stolen from the mail and I would never notice, since I'm not expecting any card. (Supposedly the card must be activated by a phone call from my home phone. I bet someone could get around that somehow.)

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
free website counter