DonBoy
Let me say publicly that DonBoy’s answer exudes a combination of intuitive genius and confidence that make me think DonBoy is going to do big things in his life. -- Steven D. Levitt (Freakonomics blog)
Saturday, July 02, 2005
 
Inappropriate?

Whoever's in charge of Lindsay Lohan in her new adult-ish phase: getting her all dolled up in a generic music video, "First", which is a tie-in with Herbie: Fully Loaded -- par for the course. (Viewable here.)

Creating a triple-entendre in the song's lyrics -- whose key phrase is "I wanna come first" -- technically impressive. Just to spell it out, in addition to the standard-clever double meaning of the word in racing and in romance, it sounds to me like a bedroom demand. Not that the sweet child I'm sure Lohan plays in that movie has sex. And almost certainly not with Justin Long, for God's sake.


But smuggling that third meaning into a video designed for heavy rotation on the Disney Channel? I'm in awe.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
free website counter