DonBoy
Let me say publicly that DonBoy’s answer exudes a combination of intuitive genius and confidence that make me think DonBoy is going to do big things in his life. -- Steven D. Levitt (Freakonomics blog)
Monday, April 17, 2006
 
Welcome Back to the Mr. Ed Blog

Because, y'see, I had nothing to say for 3 weeks.

I've been thinking for a little while that "An Earful of Cider" would be a great name for a blog. Somebody agrees with me. He doesn't have much to say so far, but if he's smart enough to take the title, that might come eventually. (You know the Daymon Runyon quote, right?)

Other than that...let's see, I heard some great semantic drift on "urban", which used to mean "pertaining to cities" but now means "black", on NPR's On Point last week, where I learned that pre-election polling is often less accurate in "urban cities" than in other places. Also, in respone to a Slate review of a Disney Channel phenomenon called "High School Musical" -- very weak, by the way -- I was reminded that I am very old, because of this commenter:
The English spelling of the word "musketeer" is incorrect in the article ("mousketeer"). In the original French it's "mousquetaire."
I don't think he was kidding.

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
free website counter