DonBoy
Let me say publicly that DonBoy’s answer exudes a combination of intuitive genius and confidence that make me think DonBoy is going to do big things in his life. -- Steven D. Levitt (Freakonomics blog)
Sunday, June 25, 2006
 
"It's Not What You're Like, It's What You Like"

A letter-writer in this week's Answer Man (Roger Ebert's bi-weekly Sunday column) says:
I've used "Being There" as a litmus test of where people are coming from. If they say they don't like the film, it tells me something about the person.
When someone makes this kind of statement, with its smug implication that anyone who doesn't like Film X has something wrong with them, and cannot possibly have an interesting or valid reason for disliking it, well, THAT tells me something about the person. (Especially if the film is "Harold and Maude".)

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
free website counter