DonBoy
Let me say publicly that DonBoy’s answer exudes a combination of intuitive genius and confidence that make me think DonBoy is going to do big things in his life. -- Steven D. Levitt (Freakonomics blog)
Friday, July 14, 2006
 
Volohkiana: Math and Science

Two non-legal rat's nests at the Volokh Conspiracy: First of all, a multi-hundred comment thread on a probability puzzle/paradox that's not the Monty Hall problem. Recommended for fans of avoiding work while thinking you know the answer -- I'm familiar with the problem but I found some new things to think about in the discussion.

Better, though, is the one on creationism, only because of this excellent comment from a creationist:
Don't think my attitude is [...] one of ignoring the challenges posed to the Bible, I entertain them, consider them, and reject them.
(The ellipsis is because the original had "not" in that slot, but based on the rest of passage I'm pretty sure that's an over-negation error.)

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
free website counter