DonBoy
Let me say publicly that DonBoy’s answer exudes a combination of intuitive genius and confidence that make me think DonBoy is going to do big things in his life. -- Steven D. Levitt (Freakonomics blog)
Sunday, November 19, 2006
 
An Answer From Coors

I finally sent an email to Coors to ask what the story is with the ads I've been YouTubing (here and here). Here's what I got:
Thanks for your e-mail and interest in our current advertising featuring interviews with two NFL coaches, Dick Vermeil and Bill Walsh.

This commercial was designed by our marketing department. They took real clips from previous interviews with the coaches and revised them for our Coors Light commercial. Our marketing department worked directly with the coaches and our legal department to create this unique footage.
So I was wrong, wrong, wrong. But I've pleased thousands of people by posting the video captures. Like, 45,000. Even dividing by the six commercials, that's over 7000. Admittedly this is because nobody else has posted them, but holy crap!

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
free website counter