DonBoy
Let me say publicly that DonBoy’s answer exudes a combination of intuitive genius and confidence that make me think DonBoy is going to do big things in his life. -- Steven D. Levitt (Freakonomics blog)
Thursday, August 09, 2007
 
Qualifications

Mark Evanier has a report from Frank Buxton on the first tryout of Mel Brooks' new musical version of Young Frankenstein. Note this part:
Shuler Hensley, who was the only good "Poor Jud" in Oklahoma I ever saw, assays the monster and, again the inevitable comparison to the late Peter Boyle, brings the creature to life. (Stop me before I pun again.) He can sing. The Monster can sing! And dance, too.
But, may I point out, it's even better than that. Shuler Hensley not only has experience in musicals, he also played the Frankenstein Monster in the film Van Helsing. This makes him not just perfectly qualified for his current role; it makes him the most appropriately-qualified person for a particular role, ever.

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
free website counter