DonBoy
Let me say publicly that DonBoy’s answer exudes a combination of intuitive genius and confidence that make me think DonBoy is going to do big things in his life. -- Steven D. Levitt (Freakonomics blog)
Monday, August 27, 2007
 
Simpsons Movie Spoiler, and Credit Where It Is Due

The 15 seconds of The Simpsons Movie that people are quoting is the "Spider-Pig" song, which I referred to earlier. Here are the complete lyrics:

Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig
Does whatever a Spider-Pig does
Can he swing from a web?
No he can't, he's a pig
Look out, he's the Spider-Pig

As the credits rolled, I saw that the "Spider-Pig parody lyrics" were credited to a group of people, at least 5 of them. There are barely 5 parodic words here. Counting "pig". Which, I admit, appears several times. ("Does" in the second line, and "he's" in the last are more like Homeric misquotations -- they should be "can" and "here comes", respectively.)

I guess 5 guys sat in a room, and this is what came out. They all helped?

(Actually, the slow a capella version of this during the closing credits is about the funniest thing in the movie.)

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com
free website counter